A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bon Voyage!

My brother Graham and his friend Maisie took off today for a 2 and a half month adventure to India. They flew from Houston to Chicago and are now on their non-stop 15 hour flight to New Delhi, where it is already tomorrow (almost 12 hours ahead of US central time zone). I'm sure they will be fighting some serious jet lag when they get there! They plan to visit 17 different places on this backpacking adventure for which they have spent the last two months preparing. As Graham informed me yesterday they are carrying with them "an entire pharmacy practically." My brother, an art major, and Maisie, a history major, both just graduated from college last semester. They want to explore a new place, take pictures, and see what they have been studying these past few years. I think they will have a wonderful time, and I'm very proud of them. And though I have my usual big sister concerns, I keep telling myself that India is probably just as safe as San Francisco where Graham has been living the past 4 years. Supposedly, we are using this system called Google Voice to communicate in his absence, which means I can text him and it shows up as an email (which he will be able to check with his phone when he can find wi-fi), and I can call and leave messages that he can listen to when he can find wi-fi. That makes me feel a little better about being continents apart. Anyway, I wanted to share because I'm sure that I will be mentioning Graham and his travels in the months to come. Please join me in wishing them a safe trip!
Maisie and Graham
Here's to taking the journey
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...