Pleasey Cheesy Baked Mac n' Cheese
This delightful dish requires few ingredients. You will need pasta. Though I couldn't find any, I think heart shaped pasta would add an adorable touch to this dish. You need cheese, and the good news is, you can buy whatever is on sale, or use what you have lying around. For ours we used Wisconsin Cheddar, Gouda, Edam, Shredded Mozzarella, and Shredded Parmesan. I serve it with a side of refrigerated sliced canned beets (if you want to go all out, grab a cookie cutter and do this) and Pacifico beer. Brendan has made me pretty obsessed with beets, which are healthy and tasty. The total cost of this meal (including beer) $19.50. That's less than $5.00 a person (for 4 people or 2 people with 2 servings of leftovers) with alcohol included. Can't beet that (haha). Now for the
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil Pasta according to directions on package.
- Slice about 2.5 ounces of each whole cheese...you will have about 8 ounces total.
- Spray a 1.5 quart (medium) baking dish with non-stick spray (we use Pam).
- Strain pasta.
- Spoon pasta into baking dish filling it up about 1/4 of the way, top with 1/3 of your cheese (remember to add in some shredded cheese if you want to). Spoon in another layer of pasta, add another 1/3 of the cheese. Spoon in the last layer of pasta, add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Put on the center oven rack and let bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, cut with a knife, serve with spatula and love!
|Pleasey Cheesy Baked Mac n' Cheese|
Total Prep/Cook Time: 40 minutes
Deliciousness Factor: 5/5 (we reserve this for the best of the best, but as Brendan points out "With that much cheese, how could it not be a 5?!) We love the crispy top, and the blended flavors of the five cheeses. The dish is nostalgic, bringing back childhood memories from when life was simple. Beer and cheese make an amazing combo...and serving it with beets? We couldn't be happier.
Thank you Brendan's Dad, not only for making Brendan, but for making this amazing mac & cheese! It's almost hard to decide which one to love more...just kidding.
Here's to trying new things!
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe