A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, February 25, 2011

Favors All Around

Graham and Maisie have been quite busy with their India travels. They started their trip in New Delhi, then visited Agra, Amirtsar, and Jaipur. They have seen the Taj Mahal and the Golden Temple. All was great, until my brother lost his wallet in Jaipur. Apparently the wallet fell out of his bag, and he thought it was a lost cause. He canceled credit cards and gave up on his 200 U.S. dollars, but boy, that's a lot of Rupee. Apparently, $8.00 U.S. dollars can pay for a night in a nice hotel with hot running water, so $200.00 accounted for a good portion of his 2 and 1/2 month budget.

Luckily, a stranger found the wallet and went to an extraordinary efforts to find my brother, calling the DMV and eventually San Francisco Art Institute because of Graham's school ID. The school gave the man Graham's email address, and they were able to get in contact. The man said he had visited California and loved it and felt an obligation to a fellow traveler. He kept the wallet safe while Graham and Maisie took a train from Jalsamar back to Jaipur to pick it up. It cost them the better part of a day and a lot of panic, but thanks to the stranger, Graham has all of his important documents and money back, though he will give the stranger a reward as thanks.

Morning in Jalsamar.
















Up next, the two will travel to Jodhpur. It's really nice to think that there are kind and considerate people out there who will go out of their way to help a stranger. We should all be inspired by such acts of kindness!

In other news, I'm getting some favors of my own. I ordered these adorable business cards for absolutely free from vistaprint.

All I paid was $5.67 in shipping fees! I'm sending them off to friends in other parts of the country to leave on bulletin boards, in coffee shops, or wherever random advertising is welcome. So far, I have friends who have agreed to help spread the word in Los Angeles, Brooklyn, and Seattle. Willing to take Lola and Zoe with you wherever you go? Let me know, and I'll happily send some your way.

In other favors news, I have reached 75% of my $100.00 fundraising goal for the Free to Breathe 5K on March 26th thanks to a few generous donors. If you want to help out, there's still time. All you do is click here to donate to my personal page. Remember, you can type in any amount, even $1.00! 100% of the proceeds benefit lung cancer research and education.

Well, it's a beautiful weekend here in Louisiana. I'm enjoying an open window and some handpicked flowers that Brendan picked for me on our earlier walk. I put them in a tiny Thursday's Cottage jelly jar that I am reusing. We received some of their Raspberry Jam as part of our care package from Brendan's parents, and boy was it delicious! This picture perfectly illustrates why I love to hang on to glass jars, there are so many wonderful ways to reuse them.
A chic, eco-friendly vase :)
Here's to favors, big and small and a beautiful, sunny weekend!
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

1 comment:

  1. it is heartening to know that there are good people everywhere. It gives one some reason to be hopeful in a troubled time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...