A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beauty All Around Us

I can be prone to occasional bouts of the blues. Brendan and I are good about keeping each others' spirits up though, and we're lucky to have each other. If one of us feels down, the other stops what they are doing and thinks of something to do to cheer the other up. Today, to beat my blues, I wanted to go on a walk and take pictures. Luckily, Brendan knew just the place to take me and we headed to Perkin's Ferry Park here in Lake Charles. We may have trespassed a little, but the results were some beautiful pictures and a much needed day of exploration in the sun. Enjoy the best of my little photo adventure below:

This guy tells Brendan and I that "Nothing is biting."

I've always had a thing for buttercups :)

I love the shape of these sweet, delicate flowers.

Proof that beauty is found in the most unexpected of places.

I love the shape of these leaves. The world is truly spectacular!

Just ask this little guy.

Sometimes it's comforting to think: we have everything we really need.


That's not to say there won't be some thorny spots!



But if we take time, we can find the calm in our everyday world.


Proof that growing takes a bit of bravery!

Where I am.

It takes patience to notice the good blossoming around us.

Where I would live if I were a frog.


From Brendan's camera. I stole his t-shirt, but he stole my heart :)    

Here's to forgetting all your troubles!
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...