Here's how to do it:
- In a medium sized pot, boil brown rice covered.
- mince 2 tablespoons ginger and 5 cloves of garlic.
- chop 1 yellow onion.
- use a wok with a cover and put 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom of the wok.
- cook garlic, ginger, and onion in the wok on medium/high for 3-4 minutes.
- chop 1 cup baby carrots and 1 cup celery, add to the wok. Stir. Turn up to high heat.
- add 1/2 cup water + 1/2 teaspoon salt or use vegetable broth instead. Cook 5 minutes, covered.
- add 1 cup cauliflower florets and 1 cup broccoli florets and 1 chopped yellow bell pepper and the white part of 3 chopped green onions. Cook 4 minutes, covered.
- uncover. Add soy sauce, ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste (we made it super spicy!) Add juice of 1 lime. Cook until the liquid starts to thicken.
- Add your favorite stir-fry sauce as preferred, we used House of Tsang Classic Stir Fry Sauce. Cook an additional minute.
- Serve over rice and garish with green part of chopped green onion.
|Colors of Spring Stir-Fry! Delicious and Nutritious!|
Estimated Prep/Cook Time: 1 hour.
Deliciousness Factor: 4 out of 5 stars. I loved the beautiful presentation of this colorful stir-fry which features yellows, oranges, and greens. What beautiful colors in the spring pallet! The ginger and celery tastes absolutely delightful in this dish, and I love the healthiness factor. Brendan loves the variety of veggies and says that every bite is a little bit different. He didn't miss meat in this vegetarian/vegan dish.
In other news, Graham and Maisie have made it safely to Goa and I'm pretty much beyond jealous. However, Maisie caught a bad stomach virus and then Graham was running a high fever, but the antibiotics they brought with them came to their aide. They were in Goa, left for awhile (not sure where they went), and then returned to Goa. It looks like a gorgeous place with beautiful, majestical beaches. I haven't heard from him in awhile and am hoping to get a call or email within the next few days.
Meanwhile, I've had a productive week grading, spring cleaning, and writing. I will be working on my short story collection (thesis) most of the weekend, and might have an opportunity to check out William Lusk Coppage's poetry reading in Lafayette on Saturday.
Here's to healthy dinners and happy weekends!
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe