A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All the News That's Fit to Blog

I'm pretty tired from this busy week, but I wanted to write a quick post about all the recent going-ons.

I received an email update (and 2 a.m. phone call) from my brother a few days ago (he had a bit of trouble calculating time change). The trip to India is going well. Graham and Maisie are in their 19th location, Rishikesh on the Ganges River in the mountains (I can't wait to see the pictures). Rishikesh is vegetarian by law, so I can imagine Graham is fitting right in. It is also know as the "yoga city" or city of meditation and temples, so it's no wonder he describes it as a relaxing part of the trip. He has read two Murakami novels on Brendan's recommendation and loved them. It makes me happy to think of him reading and relaxing in India...things are anything but relaxing here!
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A NovelKafka on the Shore

But we do have good news to share. Brendan and I both passed our thesis defenses of our short story collections yesterday. We went to the Hut for drive-thru daiquiris and took them to the park by my house after school yesterday to celebrate our M.F.A. status (no doubt violating some law, but oh well!) I enjoyed a "Ragin' Cajun" and Brendan had a "Bahama Mama." We picked up our cap and gowns today, so graduation is feeling like an actual reality.
Done with the thesis defense!
Our M.F.A. graduate reading is free and open to the public on May 21st at McNeese State. See the left sidebar for more info, including directions. If you missed our reading at the Porch on April 1st, you can check out the videos of Brendan and I reading here.

I will be out of town this weekend, attending the Old Settler's Music Festival in Austin, Texas with Brendan and our friends Will & Missy. We will be camping...which means no shower and porta potties (yuck), and also that there will be no exciting Lola & Zoe posts for a few days. But worry not, I will return next week with updates galore.

Before I sign off, I will add that as I've been applying to jobs, I wish I had one these adorable Antiquaria Bohemian stamps to use in place of writing my return address over and over. I'm officially adding it to my list of great gift ideas if anyone is searching for a unique wedding present or housewarming gift.

Here's to adventures ahead!
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...