You will need:
1 bag of medium sized flour tortillas.
1 yellow onion
1 small carton cherry tomatoes
10 cloves of garlic
2 bell peppers
1 bag of Mexican shredded cheese
1 can of black beans
1 jar of salsa
Stacy's Simple Veggie Quesadillas
- Chop bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Heat in a pan with olive oil on medium high (squeeze 1/2 of lime into the pan for added flavor) until onions look translucent. Be careful not to burn anything!
- Chop 1 handful cilantro and add to the pan. Cook an additional minute.
- Add bag of cheese to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, heat black beans.
- Put two scoops of the mix in between two tortillas and heat in separate pan. OR, invest in one of these fabulous Quesadilla Makers (a birthday gift from my mom a few years ago).
- Cut avocados in half and serve avocado halves filled with black beans.
- Makes 4 servings. Serve with your favorite salsa, yum!
|Stacy's Simple Veggie Quesadillas (Happy Cinco de Mayo!)|
Total Prep/Cook Time: A fast 45 minutes.
Deliciousness Factor: 5 out of 5 stars. We make this about twice a month and never get sick of it! It tastes delicious and is even pretty healthy (especially if you use low fat cheese and only 2/3 of the bag). I've made this for many friends and they are all fans. The cilantro gives it a fresh flavor, and really with cheese, veggies, and tortillas you can't go wrong.
PS-Tomorrow in Lake Charles, the first Friday reading series presents poet Hillary Joubert and fiction writer Chris Lowe at The Porch Coffee House. Enjoy the bar, food and a great mix of poetry and fiction. I only wish I was going to be in town for it!
Here's to holidays :)
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe