A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, May 16, 2011

Why I Love Louisiana


I've been wanting to do another picture post for awhile, but I needed some shots that inspired me. Saturday, between a baby shower and a graduation party, Brendan and I adventured back to Perkins Ferry Park here in Lake Charles and these beautiful pictures were the result. I love being around the sights and sounds of nature here, and I truly feel connected to this place. Maybe these pictures will help show why I've always felt a calling to live in Louisiana. I'm going to miss it, and with graduation in less than a week, I'm starting to get nostalgic about it. Here are my favorites:
Just around sunset


Where the wild things are
Waiting in the Water
It's the Little Things
It's Berry Good Here :)
The Elusive Blue Dragonfly
Mystery and Moss
The Best Things are Hard to Find
 The last picture is my favorite one of all, not only does it feature my favorite person in Louisiana, I also feel that it shows the magic that this beautiful, haunting, and mysterious state encompasses. 
Brendan at the End of the Afternoon
 Here's to Louisiana.
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

PS- Want more to love about Louisiana? Don't miss the McNeese M.F.A. Graduate Reading this Saturday at 7p.m. See side of the blog for more details, including map and RSVP. We hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...