A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, June 27, 2011

Freebies/Donate Your Birthday

My friends Will & Missy gave me a Starbucks gift card for my upcoming birthday, so I treated myself to an iced-latte today, and guess what, all Starbucks customers get a free 10-song summer mix download from i-tunes with the purchase of a drink. You can redeem the code through August 31, 2011 and it features music by Death Cab for Cutie, Booker T. Jones, Cold War Kids, Matt Nathanson, Fleet Foxes, The Airborne Toxic Event, Parts & Labor, Peter Bjorn and John Eyes, Telekinesis, and We are Augustines...so far I'm loving it, and hey, you can't beat free!

Also, if you're like me and your birthday is coming up soon, check out this list of birthday freebies, get free food, entertainment, and stuff on your big day.

Finally, I want to share an idea my mom gave me, it's called "Donate Your Birthday" and the idea is every year you donate your age in dollars to the charity of your choice. This year I donated $25.00 to Doctors Without Borders. This is a great organization, and I became inspired to donate after reading What is the What.
What Is the What (Vintage)
 This book doesn't directly discuss Doctors Without Borders, but it is about a boy who survives the war in Sudan and Doctors Without Borders works in Sudan and in nearly 70 countries to assist people whose lives are threatened by violence, catastrophe, or neglect. They have an A rating by American Institute of Philanthropy. I hope you will be inspired to practice Donate Your Birthday, and maybe even to choose Doctor's Without Borders, though of course there are so many worthy organizations out there! I think it's a cool way to leave a legacy though. Just think, for every year of your life, you can give something positive back to the world.

Know of any other cool freebies or ways to do good? Leave us a comment!

Here's to giving and receiving.
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...