A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

My Dad and I have been through a lot together. Over the years, he has taught me to love oldies music, lake life, and trying new things. My dad seriously signed me up for lessons in everything at one point: swimming, soccer, basketball, bowling, roller-skating, karaoke (I also took dance, voice, acting, horseback riding, and skiing at my own volition). I love that he always pushed me to learn something new. When we would play putt-putt, he would actually try to teach me skills instead of just letting me hit the ball around like those other losers. My dad loves the lake, a good beer and a good tan. He is NOT afraid to be honest. Once, he said of a play I was in, "that was terrible!" but he still sat through it. He is still my number one breakfast buddy (we are both OBSESSED with breakfast) and the person I can count on to always be up for a walk around Town Lake. I can credit him with my love for cats :) and jazz music (he used to play the saxophone). My Mom says we both have champagne taste on a beer budget! My Dad can fix just about anything, and every time I call, he says "is something broken??" I'm happy to know he is there for me, and it's been fun to develop more of a friendship over the years. I love you Dad!
Dad and Graham Skiing, 2002

With my Dad as a teenager, 15 years old here.
Two years ago at Dad's 60th birthday party

Last may at my cousin's college graduation
Dad, about to go out on the boat.

A few days ago, singing Dad and Graham happy birthday
 Happy Father's Day, Dad!
And Happy Birthday to my little brother, Graham, who is 22 years old today!

My brother and I, Christmas 2010


Here's to Dad's!
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...