A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, June 26, 2011

On Knowing You Can

 * Note: Please vote in my poll (see left side of blog) if you haven't done so already! 4 days left, thanks!

Today, I went running with my friend Jessica, and I was so proud of my progress! Jessica has been a great running coach and very patient with me as I have jogged along with her. You may remember, I did my first 5K in March, in which I ran/walked at a slow 39 minutes for 3 miles. Today, Jess estimates that we were doing 12 minute miles. I ran 1.5 miles without stopping! Then, I walked 1/2 a mile. Then, I ran another mile without stopping for a total of 3 miles, 2.5 of which I ran straight though. Yeah! I am going to start investigating 5Ks today and see if I can find one to do in Austin with Bren. I am going to miss working out with Jessica, we run, weight train, and then she makes me a delicious smoothie!

If you are interested in learning more about running, there is a good beginner's plan here. Though I haven't used that, I do set goals to reach (last week I ran over a mile without stopping, and this week, I wanted to go further). I have also had some training last year with another friend, Alison. I'm enjoying it surviving, but boy is it hot outside! We have to go early in the morning and that's the only way it's manageable. I also wake up 1 hour early to start drinking water. Honestly though, Jess tells me so much of running is mental and it's really true. I am capable of more than I know, and if I push myself, I can do it.

Well, now I just need to apply my mindset to packing. Moving is such a project. Lola and Zoe are enjoying playing in all the boxes though. I want to share a couple more things before I sign out:

Last night, Brendan and I enjoyed a dinner at Sakura here in Lake Charles. For $16.99, you get an unlimited sushi buffet. In the past year, I have learned to LOVE sushi. Anyway, it's totally delicious, they have yummy desserts *fruit, creme brule, and Chinese food too (though I just stuck to sushi). The atmosphere is really nice. Stop by and give it a try if you are hungry for sushi! Do not miss the Godzilla and Dragon rolls. Yum! I am willing to eat fish when it involves sushi, though my diet is still primarily Vegetarian, I have my Pesacaterian moments now and then.

I wanted to share, the title of my last post is also the name of a movie we rented a couple of weeks ago (that's why the phrase was in my head). 

All Good Things
This movie is a thriller/mystery and is really entertaining and great. It freaked me out though, watch with a friend! Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst are perfect in their roles.

Well, on my list today, packing and more reading from my ambitious Summer Reading list
One Hundred Years of Solitude (P.S.)
I'm loving this book!
Here's to doing things! Happy Sunday! 
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...