A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, June 17, 2011

What's Going On Lately

Do you ever have moments where you wish you could hit a pause button?

In the last two months, Brendan and I have been to...

Houston, TX where I interviewed for a job and we visited my grandmother in the hospital (she is fine now).
April 15th
Austin, TX where we went to a Old Settler's Music Festival with Will and Missy
April 16-17
Longview, TX/Jefferson,TX/Tyler, TX on a whirlwind trip to see our friends Emily & Shew
In Jefferson April 23
Then back to Austin, TX for the rest of spring break to see my family April 24-29 (no pictures)

Then to New Orleans, LA for Jazz Fest and my Cousin Elena's senior recital May 6-8
Cyndi Lauper performing with Arcade Fire, I was in love. May 6th.

Brendan enjoys the festival
Then to Gulf Shores, AL with my family following graduation May 23-27
Eating Graham's super hot chili on our balcony
Finally, we went back to Austin Jun 11-15 for an Austin family reunion (pictures to come)...so that's a grand total of 3,248 miles traveled in exactly two months. Yikes, glad it wasn't all on my car (though most of it was!)

We've also applied to 23 jobs (university/community college teaching jobs) in the last 2 and a half weeks. Where are we trying to find a job? Literally, anywhere! We've applied to jobs in Hawaii, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, North/South Carolina, Mississippi, Massachusetts, California, Florida, Virginia, Georgia, Ohio, and others. We literally have no idea where we'll end up. I think my grand total of job applications is at 45 now.

And, we are moving in less than 2 weeks. For now, we're putting our stuff into storage and moving in with my parents in Austin. We'll probably be residing there all through July.

Finally, I got some good news the other day. My story "Mount Bonnell" will be published in the October 2011 online issue of PANK Magazine.
PANK Magazine

I am super excited!

So, in short, that's where we've been, what we've been doing, and what we plan to do!

Here's to chaos
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...