A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, June 6, 2011

What's in My Summer Makeup Bag

When it comes to summer beauty, I have to rely on as little makeup as possible to get me through these 100 degree days. If you live anywhere close to humid, hot Louisiana, you know that summer makeup must be sweat proof and light. Here are my easy solutions.
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, 4.20-Ounce
After showering, I start with this moisturizer to keep my skin from being dry. I like this one because it dries fast and doesn't leave my face feeling oily.
Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation N10 Fairly Light SPF 15 Sunscreen -- 0.3 oz
I love this brand for foundation and bronzer. It goes on light, evens out my complexion, looks natural, and even has SPF 15.
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals All Over Face Color - Warmth
I follow with a tiny bit of warmth (bronzer) to give me a sun kissed glow.
Benefit Cosmetics Feelin' Cheeky! Minis ($26 Value) Feelin' Cheeky! Minis
This little set is a sweet deal, I use the rose and posie lip/check stains as blushes. High beam is a complexion enhancer (just gives you a little glow) that I add if I'm going out at night. These are tiny, but I find a little goes a long way!
Smashbox Naked Beauty Lip Gloss Collection .04 fl oz (1.4 ml)
I love love love smashbox lip glosses. I finish with one of these shades, and I'm good for the rest of the day!

My favorite summer hairstyle lately? This loose, low, side pony tail.
Carrie Underwood

You can add loose curls to it with a straightening or curling iron, or just wear it straight. The key is to let the front part of your hair hang in loose little wisps that frame your face. Also nice, it takes only a minute.

I hope you enjoyed my summer beauty tips!

Here's to beating the heat!
<3 Stacy, Lola, and Zoe

P.S.-please vote on our poll (see side of blog) if you haven't done so already!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, put the High Beam on the inner corner of you eye and on your brow bone, just like you would a highlight color. I looks great and stays on when other eye shadow gets hot and runs away.

    Also, put the original Benetint on your lips, let it dry and put a little chapstick or petroleum jelly on the center of your bottom lip and the center of your top lip. That lip stain ain't going nowhere until you take it off at night. It was originally formulated for ummm, not quite fully clothed dancers who needed their nipples to stay pert and rosy all night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also buying those Smashbox lip glosses, like, right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tips on the benetint set...that's pretty funny what it was made for! You will LOVE the smashbox glosses, I also think they are the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...