A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello From the Desert!

We survived the move! My parents stayed last weekend to help us get the apartment set up. It's so cool to see all of our stuff set up in the same place.

Last week was insane, we woke up in 6 different places (and 4 different States) in one week.

Our "bunk house" in Wayne Maine
Annie and Zeb's guest room in Connecticut (that's Flannery on the bed, named after the author of course!)

My childhood bedroom in Austin Texas (looking messy here, it's been our home base for 6 weeks)
 My Grandmother's guest room in La Marque Texas


Our Friend Erica's air Mattress in Lake Charles Louisiana (Erica is quite possibly our blog's biggest fan).
Again in Austin, TX

And finally, on the 7th morning, in our new apartment in Midland Texas.
This isn't the best picture, but it will have to do for now. We're still organizing a few more things, and then I'll take good pictures.

So, Brendan has been working at school from 8-5 this week for in-service week, and I have a couple of meetings here and there, but mostly have been working on getting us settled (grocery shopping, setting up internet, etc). I am ready for the semester to start. I'm feeling nervous and excited at the same time. All 4 of my classes (English 1301, the same as English 101 at McNeese) made, and I will also be taking up some hours in the writing lab. Brendan will also be teaching 4 classes (3 1301's and a World Literature) and working in the lab. Our schedules will be pretty similar, which should be nice.

Promise to write more soon! Here's to fresh starts.
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...