A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, August 19, 2011

We're Moving!

One word to describe moving: Yikes!
 It seems hard to believe, but our u-haul is packed and parked outside of my mom's house, and we're (Brendan and I + my parents, Lola & Zoe) all driving to Midland tomorrow. I can't wait to be unpacked. This past week has been crazy and chaotic (more on that later), but I know it will all be worth it. 

We've been talking about this move for SO long (even before we had the jobs in Midland, we always talked about "when we move...") and now the once "distant future move" is finally happening. We are so thankful for all the help from friends and family...I don't know what we'd do without them (probably still be loading our u-haul).

It will be really nice to have our own place again, as we have been displaced (and all over the place) all summer. I feel a bit nervous about getting moved into our third floor apartment, starting the new job, etc., but I'm doing a good job of keeping my worries in check. After all, people move and start new jobs every day. Plus, Brendan and I are going through the same thing, so we know we'll have each other.

I just wanted to write a quick post. We feel very grateful to have found teaching jobs, to be going somewhere together, and to have had so much help and support from many people. I can't wait to have blogging time again, and I look forward to writing about the books I read, the food I ate, the places I went, etc.

Here's to safe travels
Here's to all kinds of travels
Here's to moving
and to moving forward 
<3 Stacy, Lola & Zoe 

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you guys. I wish we could be there to help welcome you to your new home. Hopefully we can work out some time to see each other again in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...