A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, September 26, 2011

Going Green

Hello! Have you ever noticed how colors can effect your mood? Maybe that's why I like to surround myself with the color green. It makes me feel energized and peaceful. It's also a color I associate with good luck, and who doesn't need that? I'll share with you some of my favorite green finds as of late, and hope you won't go green with envy :)

The first items are this adorable serving platter, a housewarming gift from our friend Erica, and this cute apron I picked up for way cheap at an antique store in Lubbock, TX this weekend. Erica also sent us a matching large bowl, which I use to store all my veggies that don't go in the fridge. I put the platter out on the counter as a decorative piece until it's time to have guests over. As for the apron, Brendan pointed out my mom might be shocked if she saw me wear it, but it's pretty darn cute, don't you think?

Want some more green in your kitchen? Try this green smoothie that my friend Jessica made for me this summer. Or this wonderful Mexican Salad that Brendan and I made again last night. 


The next items will make me feel truly like a lucky lady when I'm out on the town. I scored this spring green cardigan at Banana Republic's clearance sale for just $19.00. I love how soft it is, and whether I pair it with a khaki colored skirt or light gray pants for work, or jeans for an evening out, I know it will look good with everything. I scored this beaded bag with green accents at an antique store here in Midland, TX for just $15.00...I love to find vintage, reused goods, it makes wearing green good for your green and the earth :)


Another favorite item is this Peridot ring Brendan and I found while antique shopping in Lubbock. Peridot (which some people pronounce per-i-doe) is a gemstone that is supposed to bring the wearer good luck, peace, and success, as well as health, protection, and sleep. I'll take all those things please! It's also the birthstone for August, so if you're an August baby, find yourself some Peridot!

 Finally, I've had many compliments on my green comforter. It comes from Urban Outfitters, so now you know!


I hope you can add a little green to your day to help kick those Monday blues :)

<3 S, L&Z

1 comment:

  1. I made it to the blog again!

    Hope you're still running!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...