A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Great X-Mas Gifts Under $20.00

Oh holidays, I love love love em'

My friends and family mean the world to me, and I always want to show them I care. I don't have a ton of money at this point in my life, but I'm a firm believer that you can make a little money go a LONG way with some creativity.

The first step in perfect present shopping? Make sure you know your recipients well. That way, you can pick out something a bit more personalized that they are sure to like. Secondly, it helps to know ahead of time who you're shopping for, so you can budget (listen, I watched Suze Orman as a child, budget is a favorite word).

So, why don't you make yourself a little list, now see if any of this applies:


For the Reader 

I LOVE giving books as gifts. Lola and Zoe has you covered on this front because there are so many book reviews to choose from. Let me tell you the top 9 books I read this year: 
Little Children by Tom Perrotta and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins  
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and What is the What by Dave Edgers
Wild at Heart by Barry Gifford and Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Break it Down by Lydia Davis
Les Enfants Terribles by Jean Cocteau, translated by Rosamond Lehman

You cannot go wrong with these!

For the Traveler  


My friend Cole's mom made me this travel pillow years ago, and it is something I use all the time. If you know how to sew, pick a fabric your recipient would like and go for it.


For the Chef 

I love this website modcloth.com.

Mustache cookie cutters- a big hit at the Egan Thanksgiving before we even arrived
Adorable Oven Mitt and Matching Pot Holder 
Robo Measuring Cups

This website is a treasure trove for gift ideas!

For the Girly Girl 

Philosophy body wash, yes please
Chloe perfume
Adorable make up palette 

You can also make your own bath salts and wrap em' pretty. 


The Stationary Lover/Writer 

My all time favorite place for stationary and notebooks Carrot Stick and Press (you're welcome)!

Are all of these ideas really under $20.00? You betcha!

Now, I have to take some cookies out of the oven. Happy gifting!

<3 S, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...