A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

We are finishing up 2011 in Lake Charles, LA, where we went to graduate school. It has been so great to see a lot of our friends here. We also stopped and saw my grandma near Houston for a couple of days, so it has been a nice end to a fantastic year. The kitties are in Austin with my parents. Lola has been sick, but it looks like she is going to be just fine.

Do you ever think about the highlights of the year? For me, they were...

Jan-Going on a week long eastern Caribbean cruise with my mom.
Feb-Starting my blog 
Mar- Going to our first wedding together, Peggy and Eric's in Chicago 
Apr- Finishing my thesis and passing my defense
May- Graduation, and our families coming to Lake Charles to support us and meeting each other/Going on a trip to Alabama with my family
Jun-My 25th birthday
Jul-Getting our job situations figured out and finding a place 
Aug-Brendan's family trip to Maine/Moving in together and starting new jobs
Sept-Feeling used to our new situation
Oct-Going on a bed and breakfast trip to Fort Davis/Celebrating one year of dating
Nov-Spending Thanksgiving with Brendan's family in Washington, D.C. 
Dec-CA trip/Spending our first Christmas together/Brendan's 30th birthday

2011 has been a great year, and I have a feeling 2012 will bring wonderful things. I've made a few resolutions:

My advice is to start small, add some resolutions to your list that are totally attainable. For me, those are:
Call and write to my grandma more often
floss more often

Then, work your way up
I want to do more yoga
I want to run another 5K

And my big resolution...
Write more often. Regardless of what happens with publishing

Brendan's one resolution...
Keep in better touch with people

What are your small, big and bigger resolutions?

Happy 2012 everyone! May your year be filled with health, happiness, and love!
<3 Stacy, Brendan, & Lola and Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...