A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trend I Love: The Boyfriend Sweater & Other Cool Gift Ideas

Greetings! In the cold months, I find it harder to adhere to the rules of fashion. For one, it's cold, and for two, my life becomes total chaos around the end of the semester. A remedy for this situation? The boyfriend sweater. I'm not advocating going out and buying a new sweater, I'm saying steal your boyfriend's or guy-friend's sweater for the day and you'll look cute in that "not trying too hard" way.

Exhibit A
Brendan's v-neck sweater from Banana Republic with the sleeves rolled up paired with my jeans and boots is quite cozy and cute. Wear with minimal make-up and messy hair (thank you bobby pins-remember: "Sally's makes the only bobby pin worth having"-my friend, Emily Alford). Note: Adorable cat not required. Doesn't this look just say "I love you, now give me all your best clothes." Thought so.

Here are some other things that are too cool for school (literally, is it winter break yet?): 

Rare Books:

Okay, maybe I really just wanted to show you the newest additions to my library, but remember, you can click on these pictures to order (and I can add revenue to the 96 cents in profit my blog has earned). The first is Margaret Atwood's book on science fiction In Other Worlds, but it is a special edition that is printed on paper made out of straw as part of a new initiative to print books without cutting down trees. Plus, Margaret Atwood signed it herself! This was my 1 year together anniversary gift from Brendan, but I just received it because it had to ship from Canada. It is the perfect present. Maybe you know someone who loves science fiction or Margaret Atwood (or both) too?




Speaking of science fiction, I was lucky to get my hands on an early release copy of Julianna Baggott's Pure, which is first in a series of a young adult trilogy that is going to be like the next Hunger Games (seriously Fox bought the movie rights and producer is Karen Rosenfelt who produced the Twilight films). Anyway, Julianna signed the book, which thrilled me to the core, and I've been racing through it. It is seriously one of my most enjoyable reads this year, and I might even like it better than the Hunger Games. Though the book won't be released until February 8th, why don't you do yourself a favor and pre-order it now. (PS-look for my official review in January).


Amazing Art

Again, this could just be an excuse to show you the first art Brendan and I purchased together, but if this piece doesn't strike you as high art, I don't know what to say to you. We bought it from a Midland College student, Aubany Shick, after I saw it on display and couldn't live without it. It is maybe the best money I've spent in a while. Watch out for Ms. Shick, I know she is going places!
Baked Goods 

Finally, this might just be me showing you that I have friends that baked me goods for Christmas. I have to assume you already know baked goods make excellent gifts, but let me remind you, in the form of these cookies and pound cake we received.

Lost about what to give and you only have 11 days to go? Check out this post for ideas under $20.00 or browse through 21 posts with the "gift ideas" tag (you might have to dig some). Have you found a way to give back this holiday season (through volunteer work or a donation)? If not, check out my post on Toys for Tots. There is still time to help every child have a memorable Christmas!

Here's to whatever you think is cool,
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...