A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, January 6, 2012

And Disney It Is!

Austin has been grand, even though we only were here for a total of about 8 days, we packed a LOT in! Brendan was here for our Christmas Eve party and Christmas (the first one we celebrated being physically together). We now have literally a car full of presents to bring back to Midland.

We also celebrated Brendan's 30th birthday (fun fact: my mom's mother, who passed away in 2009, had the same birthday as Brendan, so we're happy to have a new reason to celebrate December 27th around here). I took Brendan out to a fabulous restaurant called UCHI (arguably the best restaurant in Austin) and it was possibly the best meal of our lives. We also had cheesecake at home, which Brendan's mom traditionally makes (I cheated and went to Cheesecake Factory though).

These past few days, we've managed to get a little work done for next semester, and we've seen LOTS of people. Wednesday night, we had dinner with my cousins and brother at Homeslice (arguably the best pizza in Austin), and last night, we ate with my family and Elda. Brendan says, "Okay, how many more visits do we have?" I think he might be a little exhausted! So it might be for the best that today Brendan heads back to Midland (though it sure made me sad to watch him go), but I'm off on a new adventure: Disney World.

Yes, I know, it's insane, and yes, this has been the longest winter break ever, but nevertheless, I'll be gone for a week. I'll be going with my mom and my uncle Greg (her brother). My aunt was going to join us, but she has been sick, so we'll be sending her our get well wishes. We scored a stellar deal on our hotel and airfare (no, we're not driving across the country this time) when we booked the California trip we took a few weeks ago, so when my mom asked if I was in, I said, "Why not!" So far, my big plans are: Harry Potter land (at Universal), splash mountain, space mountain, thunder mountain, Rockin' roller coaster, Tower of Terror, Soaring & all that Epcot stuff...oh, who am I kidding? I want to do it all! It has been exactly 3 years since my last Disney trip, and I think we can all agree, that's far too long!

This will be the longest Brendan and I have been apart since last January, but at least he'll have Lola and Zoe to keep him company. Also, I think he's really looking forward to having some productive writing time this weekend before he starts work on Monday (I don't start until the 15th). As for me, I will miss him terribly, but I also know a little time apart is healthy, and it will be good to spend some time with my Mom and uncle in the most magical place in the world.

So, that's what's going on with us lately. And if you don't hear from me this week, you'll know why, but I promise pictures, posts, and Disney tips are to come!

<3 S (B, L&Z just took off for Midland)

P.S.- PANK interviewed me for their Ask the Author series. Check it out here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...