A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Lola and Zoe (The Blog)!

Today is an epic day. Lola and Zoe (The Blog) turns 1 year old! We've come a long way since our first post, bringing you recipes, essays, and a host of fun ideas.  We may have never settled on a niche topic, but a woman, her boyfriend, and two crazy cats have a variety of interests, and we're just sharing what we're into every step of the way.

Blogging has been a surprising and neat experience. Our blog has over 900 pageviews every month, almost double what we started with. People from all over the world are reading, but the 10 countries we get the most hits from are U.S., U.A.E., Germany, U.K., Russia, Latvia, Canada, France, Australia, and India. The most popular post has been read 172 times. We're still a small operation as blogs go, but we're happy to have each and every reader, especially our friends and family who keep in touch with us partially through our little corner of the world wide web.

What I've learned about blogging so far is to make my titles searchable. This helps generate traffic to the site from people who are interested in what I'm writing on. Who would ever think that so many people need a substitute for hair conditioner? The thing that really surprises me is how much traffic posts about my newest hairstyle get. I would think no one would care, but 3 of those "I just changed my hair posts" are in the top 10 most popular. This could also be taken as a sign that I need some more inspiration for interesting posts.

Well, before we wish the blog a proper happy birthday, here is a look at some of my favorite posts that didn't make the "Most Popular" list:

February- A Few Things That Make Me Smile- My review of books, C.D.'s, and all things I need to relax and stay happy.
March- Beauty All Around Us- A picture post of the very beautiful and very missed Lake Charles, L.A. Even checking out these pictures makes me homesick for it.
April- A Room of One's Own- An inspired essay about all the rooms I've inhabited in my life.
May- Happy Mother's Day- An essay about my mom and the role we play in each other's lives.
June- On Pet's and Why We Love Them- A love letter to the two ladies in my life, Lola and Zoe (my sweet cats for whom the blog is named).
July- Simple and Spicy. Perfect Vegetarian/Vegan Chili- My favorite thing I've ever put in a pot, stirred, eaten, and told all my friends to eat too.
August-Magic in Maine- Pictures from one of the best vacations ever.
September- How To Live With Your Parents as an Adult- Comic relief for anyone that ever has to cross this chaotic but unforgettable bridge.
October- One Year With My Best Friend- An essay about how Brendan and I took a chance on each other.
November-This Desert Life: Monahans State Park- Pictures and a review of a must do west Texas activity.
December-On Advancing to the Fantasy Football Finals!- Some called it bragging and victory was short lived, but who could remember the blogs first year without a glimpse at this exciting series of posts in which I prove that even someone who just learned how football works can win fantasy football? Even beating J. Bruce Fuller. Tony Romo, if you are reading, I want my dignity back. WHY? 
January- Small Resolutions, Big Differences- 10 things anyone can do (you can still do!) to make a positive change.

Want to participate in all the birthday fun? Wish Lola and Zoe (The blog) a Happy Birthday by checking out these past posts, becoming a follower (It's simple, click the "join this site" button and sign up using your google, yahoo, or twitter account), follow by email or feed, or tell your friends all about us on Facebook by sharing a post.

Happy Birthday Blog!
<3 S, B, L&Z

P.S.-Today is also our friend Will's birthday. Check out his bloggity blog too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...