A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lighten Up!

Ah, another one of those hair posts. I was good this time and waited 3 months between appointments. When I saw Adam at James Joe Salon in Midland, TX, he claimed he thought I had moved. No, just more frugal than most Midlanders I guess!

I told him "Blonder!" and those were my only directions. I never bring pictures to hair appointments, and I never have a request for a specific cut. Instead, I always let the hair stylist do his or her own thing. I see a hair stylist as an artist, and I'm happy to be the canvas. I ended up with a natural honey, warm blonde and a couple of inches cut off with more layers and facial framing. I was pleased with the results, and my hair has left me ready to leap into March! It is windy here, as is usual for spring, so my hair was a little frazzled even by the trip home.

side view 
front view 
Not a lot of time for pictures today, as I had to hurry up and teach tonight. I love my hair, but I always love hair even more after a few washes. It just doesn't feel like "me" until then.

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the extra day of the year. Shout out to friend and best ever reader Erica McCreedy whose birthday is today (and that's a pretty big deal when it only happens once ever four years!) She is finally 7!

Leap year is yet another excuse for sales. Go take this easy quiz and get 10% off your next Modcloth purchase. Did I mention I'm a 2012 Modcloth style ambassador? I'll keep you up to date on Modcloth happenings! Also, code "LEAPYEAR" used at Sephora online check out gets you free shipping on $29 or more of merchandise.  Yippee! That's all I know of people.

Sunny days are ahead. So, March on! In the coming days, you can look forward to an amazing book I read in February. Plus, we still need questions for He Said/She Said. Don't be shy, I know you have relationship questions that need answering and your info and identity is kept 100% confidential. You could even make up a fake email! I made email me buttons and put them all over my blog, so go ahead and click one. In March, I'll also be writing about my Bridesmaid debut, as my dear friend of 25 years, Kelsey, is tying the knot. What else can I promise? A look into how I lost 6 pounds in 6 weeks (it was super easy). And as if that isn't enough to keep you coming back, there will be pictures of my cats. Oh, and before I forget, check out our newest page.

Here's to the coming spring!
<3 S, B, L&Z

P.S.- Thank you all readers for making February a spectacular month for Lola and Zoe. We have never had so many pageviews and are ending the month with a record 1,286+ pageviews. Keep sharing and keep reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...