A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sparkling Clean

I mentioned in my last post that Brendan and I were hiring someone to help with cleaning a couple times a month. Well, her first day was today, and I was so happy to come home from work to a nice, clean apartment (and Brendan).


We'll still do maintenance cleaning, but no more stressing about not getting to all the small stuff or things we always seem to run out of time for.

The experience taught me a valuable lesson. My friend, Corley, who reads my blog faithfully, (right, Corley?), said that the blog is funny because I seem like superwoman from the posts. She does a very funny "I read this book, cooked this amazing dinner, took a road trip, and then made this craft!" impression of the blog. And while somedays I do try to be a superwoman, this experience taught me that it is okay to ask for help, admit defeat, and say, I just cannot get to everything.

But what I have done today is met with several students and graded a zillion papers, and later, I will help Brendan cook dinner and clean up the dishes and will read for my classes and prepare tomorrow's lesson. And what will I do instead of spending time trying to clean? That's easy, I'll read for fun and enjoy time with Brendan. A little bit of money to outsource a task that causes you stress is a small price to pay. My friend, Lauren, shared some words of wisdom from her sister, Dana: "Happiness is a currency too." Amen.

So, here's to NOT being superwoman. And you know what? Being average woman is a lot more relaxing.

<3 S, B, L&Z

3 comments:

  1. :) i could totally use a cleaning lady right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...I'm reading this instead of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies,

    I give you permission. Find a cleaning lady! It is so worth it.

    <3 Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...