A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, March 11, 2012

How to Throw a Classy Bachelorette Party (Austin, Texas)

My friend since birth, Kelsey, will be tying the knot with her sweetheart of 11 years, Amir, this coming Saturday (my first bridesmaid gig, eek!). Last night, we started celebrating early when Kelsey's younger sister, Tracy, and I hosted a bachelorette party/lingerie shower in her honor.

We wanted a classy, intimate, and fun event for all of the girls.

We started the evening out at a favorite restaurant of Kelsey's, Chez Zee. The restaurant is a favorite of mine too, and with their beautiful decor, it's the perfect spot for a bachelorette party, shower, or rehearsal dinner.
The dining room at Chez Zee

A couple of orders of fried pickles as appetizers was a total crowd pleaser.

It was a rainy, gross day outside, but the bride was lovely in white :)
Not sure what we were joking about here!
My blueberry salad was delicious!

Up next, a trip to the Alamo Drafthouse where we saw the new Jennifer Aniston/Paul Rudd movie Wonderlust. Wonderlust is about a married couple that ends up living in a hippie commune. It was funny and entertaining, but warning, there is a ton of full frontal male nudity! The Alamo Drafthouse is a great place for a group. Their claim to fame is that you can order food and alcohol while watching the latest movies. Plus, it's adults only, and they have a strict no talking/cell phone policy, so you can enjoy movies in peace and quiet.

Up next, a stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites. We threw a little party here with champagne, wine, and a mixed cocktail called Wedding Cake. We indulged in girl talk and watched Kelsey open her lingerie presents. All I can say is that Amir is one lucky fellow ;) We chose Comfort Inn and Suites simply because it was the hotel we could book at (everything is sold out here due to SXSW). I told them to put us at the end of the hall, so we would have fewer neighbors. We only got one noise complaint and tried to whisper after that. Overall, our stay was very comfortable. The hotel was clean and the room cozy. It can comfortably sleep six (2 queen beds + sleeper sofa) and there is a good amount of space. We didn't go to sleep until around 5am (and lost an hour due to time change!) It was kind of hard when the alarm went off at 9:30am (We had 11am checkout, and I had to be home by 10:30am for a big Austin family brunch at The Park this morning, which P.S., makes a great brunch spot with $15.00/person buffet, $1 mimosas, and $5.00 Greygoose bloody mary bar). However, the girl talk was priceless and a fabulous night was had by all. If you're looking to throw a classy bachelorette party that doesn't involve needing a designated driver or having a bunch of silly paraphernalia, this is a good plan!

Fun Trivia:

Kelsey and I go wayyyy back. My grandfather coached her dad in little league when both lived in San Angelo, TX. Later, my dad and her dad both ended up working at Motorola in Austin, TX. Kelsey and I are about 4 months apart in age, so I have known her since I was born. Her younger sister, Tracy, and my younger brother, Graham, are also 4 months apart.

Kelsey and Amir met when Kelsey was 14 years old, and they have been together ever since. They have lived together since 2006. Amir proposed on their 10 year anniversary of dating.

This is the second time I have thrown a lingerie shower. It's so much fun!

Kelsey's wedding will mark my Bridesmaid debut. I was asked to be a bridesmaid for an October 2010 wedding, but it was out of state at a time when I was broke (in graduate school), so I unfortunately couldn't do it. I'm so excited for my first time in a wedding party since I was 5 years old (as a flower girl).

Kelsey and Amir planned their wedding in exactly 1 month! It's been pretty hectic because Kelsey is also in nursing school at UT-Austin, but they are making it work!

My favorite memories of Kelsey? Probably playing together at Chuck E Cheeses, a place our parents always met to catch up and let us play. It used to be called Show Biz Pizza (that's how old we are). Hey, maybe we can have the rehearsal dinner there?

Just kidding Kelsey!

Happy party planning,
<3 S

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information on how to throw a nice bachelorette party. Last month, I arranged my nephew’s bachelor party at one of finest San Francisco venues. Invited all his friends for party and enjoyed this event very much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...