A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring is Beautiful!

Well, it's been a rough couple of weeks over here since we returned from spring break. Mostly, this is just a chaotic and busy time in the semester. Luckily, Easter break is around the corner, and with it, promise that I can restore my sanity just enough to make it through the end of the spring semester :). Spring is my favorite season. It is ultra beautiful! Don't you think? Here are a few ways we've enjoyed spring lately:


Sweet Brendan brought home flowers last night. I love yellow, so bright and cheerful :)


My friend, Jennifer, told me that HEB sushi was pretty darn good and they make it fresh in the store daily! Brendan and I picked up 3 types with 9 rolls each for about $20.00. We paired it with sake that we had at home and edamame. For a cute date night, we enjoyed it all on our balcony while watching a lovely sunset. Wasabi, ginger, and soy sauce included, but don't forget to ask for chop sticks, or you'll find yourself using straws like us. I sense this will turn into a spring ritual for us!

In other spring news, I got my first sunburn last weekend. Yikes, remind me NEVER to not use sunscreen again, and let me share some Sunburn Tips with you.

Use Vitimin C Creme on a burn every morning and night and it will disappear quickly!



Use Apple Cider Vinegar (add 1 cup to lukewarm bath) to take the sting out of sunburn.

Now you know!

Lastly, for the ladies, Sephora is having a spring sale! Enter code Chic and save 15% now through April 5th. Also, free shipping on $50.00 or more of goodies. And just when I had been waiting for an excuse to use my giftcard from X-mas! Reviews to come on 2 products I'm particularly excited to try. Book review for March coming soon as well!

Well, I'm off to celebrate the weekend: A birthday party, a BBQ (I'm bring my own tofu...fingers crossed?), an art show, and fun times ahead! Better wake Brendan from his siesta! It sure is quiet around here since the cats are sleeping too.

Happy Spring!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...