A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Unwinding

We've had a great weekend so far. Our good friend and mentor, Amy Fleury, came to give a poetry reading at Midland College on Thursday, and our friends, The Shews, came in yesterday from Lubbock to see us and Amy.
Amy at her reading! Everyone clapped after every single poem. 
We had a great time with everyone, and by the mid-afternoon, we were on our own. Brendan had a ton of work to do, and we both needed to unwind from what was perhaps the most stressful week of the semester. While he worked at grading papers, I enjoyed some much needed down time (I don't have nearly as much grading): frozen yogurt with friends, reading, a workout video (do it 3 times), and a nice long shower. Even Zoe relaxed:

After that, it was time for Brendan to take a break, so we headed to a chick flick, my choice (thanks Bren!):

The Five Year Engagement was hilarious, and Brendan says it was better than he expected and he really enjoyed it. Though parts of the movie could have been edited out (it felt really long at 2 hours), it was just what we needed for a fun break. I was laughing so hard I almost cried at certain points, and Brendan laughed a lot too. Jason Segel is so great, and I thought Emily Blunt did good too. The movie is really silly and exaggerated, but it still manages to be relatable and touching too. I cried a few tears at the end. I'm glad we saw it!

The best part of this weekend? It's only halfway over. I'm planning on grading papers while treating myself to a pedi tomorrow, and if the weather is nice, we might go to the pool.

Hope your weekend is relaxing too!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...