A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's May, You Say?

My book review of Karen Russell's short story collection is coming soon, but I wanted to start off this month with some inward reflection. As I've mentioned before, I always find that new months are a great time to stop and reflect. If we don't think about how our lives are going, how can we make sure we are living the life we truly want to be living?

We are already 1/3 through 2012, and some really great things have happened in my life. I landed my first salaried position, and I am making a lot of forward progress in my teaching career. Brendan and I have almost completed our first year of teaching full time, and we passed the 6 month mark of living together, which was smooth sailing. Life is going well, and we've already made so many great memories in 2012.

That said, looking back at my resolutions, there is still a lot that I want to accomplish. My writing has fallen by the wayside lately, and that 5K I wanted to do? I never even started running again. I feel better when I think that I still have 8 months left of the year. My plan is to write intensively this summer, which will begin for me on June 1st. Midland has generously agreed to pay to send me to TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language) training, and I will complete the 100 hour course (which starts this weekend) this May. I will also teach a spring interim 1301 class online, which runs May 14-31. I do feel overwhelmed thinking about how I'm going to get all final grades entered, get this online course set up, and be a TESOL student and online teacher, all in the next week or so, but I know everything will come together. For now, it's just nice when I can find a moment to breathe!

We've already had an exciting start to the month:


Brendan's parent's friends, Gail and Mark, are on a month long road trip, and made Midland (and us) one of their stops. It was great to see them, and it definitely gave us wanderlust. Take us with you Gail and Mark!

Luckily, we'll get to squash our own travel bug this summer, when we travel to New York City, Washington, D.C., Connecticut, and Maine and spend some time in good old Austin, TX too!

Did you make New Year's resolutions? Did you stick with them?

Here's to checking in!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...