A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mission Accomplished (For Now)

All of those weekends spent indoors from 9am-6pm have paid off. I earned my 60-hour certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language through Oxford Seminars after passing my teaching practicum today. Overall, I would recommend my experience with Oxford Seminars. The materials I received were very helpful, the instruction gave me a lot of good ideas for lesson plans, and I feel like it was a great introductory crash course into teaching ESL. But, I'm only halfway there. I will need to complete a 40 hour online component in order to receive my 100 hour certificate. The online component is mostly about grammar; oh fun!


Not much to report here. Brendan and I are still in Austin and teaching online for Midland College. I am enjoying my online course, and my students seem to be really bright and capable (the best kind!). We are going to see The Avengers tonight in 3D at the Alamo. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so glad tomorrow is Monday! The best part about teaching online=sleeping in.

Here's to your weekend and whatever you accomplished!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...