A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy July, and Save the Date Crafts

July, July, time is going by! It's hard to believe we have already been on summer break for an entire month. Brendan and I have been in Austin for 10 days, and today, we're taking a short trip to Houston to visit my grandmother. 

Here's what we've been up to:

Hard to decide who is cuter...Brendan, or my Aunt's soon-to-be kitten, Etta? 

It's here, the long awaited Kerbey Lane Summer Tomato menu! Tomato pie? Fried Green tomatoes? Yes! 

Yesterday, we headed to Michael's to pick up some supplies for a save the date craft. We took our engagement photos this morning, and we wanted to bring some props. We bought wood and paint and used a pencil to create an outline, like so:


Then, it was painting time. Brendan told me I had to try and stay in the lines. This was very difficult; I had to concentrate really hard:

We used some white paint to "highlight the letters" (I just followed Brendan's directions), and the result was something like this:


 So there you have it, a cute/fun craft perfect for your engagement pictures. I'm very proud of Brendan: he successfully survived a couple of hours worth of being photographed; he is a great sport :) I can't wait to share some of the pictures.

Time to pack! But before I go, I wanted to say...

Thank you for making June the blog's biggest month yet with 1,989 page views!

<3 S, B, L&Z

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong Brenden, the engagement photo's will be over soon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...