A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, July 13, 2012

Homemade Biscuits & Gravy

This morning was lovely, with both of us in the kitchen creating a delicious brunch.

Following this recipe from my friend Krista's blog, I made biscuits. They came out so flakey and delicious. I did the recipe exactly as stated, only I used my Kitchenaid mixer, which made the process fast and easy as cake. The only thing different was I found my biscuits needed about 20 minutes in the oven instead of 15-17 minutes.

Brendan made the gravy (and we obviously don't keep bacon around, so his gravy was created like this):

Melted butter on a skillet using medium/low heat setting
added a few tablespoons of flour
stirred in some milk (a few tablespoons)
cracked some pepper into the mix
and added a little bit of salt

Biscuits and Gravy 
He also cooked eggs and made us some Morningstar vegetarian "sausage." I prefer my biscuits with jelly (and used the peach mimosa kind we bought at the farmer's market), but I had a taste of his gravy and it was good. 


Brunch, a great way to start the day! 
Brendan said, "Will you make me biscuits every morning?!" I love using that mixer so much, I just might! 


We are making BBQ Tofu for dinner tonight, and I feel guilty because we've made that like 5+ times, and I keep promising you the recipe and need to get it on here. We've been perfecting it! Also, we have a recipe for Fried Eggplant with Tomatoes, which we will also get on here soon.

Well, it was a lovely morning. We've both been reflecting on how wonderful this summer has been. We have had so much time to just be together and enjoy being newly engaged. We're also being productive: yesterday we cleaned both closets and took a backseat full to Goodwill, and today we'll sort through the pantry and try to get it better organized. Plus, we went to the gym everyday Monday-Thursday (it isn't open Friday-Sunday, but there are always free online workout videos).

I hope all of you can get some much needed time this weekend to do the things that matter to you.

<3 S, B, (and a still with their grandparents L&Z)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...