A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stacy's Favorite BBQ Baked Tofu

Well, Brendan and I have made BBQ Tofu many times, using many different methods. I think we just can't agree on what the best way is, so I'm going to share my favorite and then do a separate post on his favorite.

My favorite is by far the easiest method. It's a recipe that's so easy, I cannot even call it a recipe, however, it's my blog, so I can call it whatever I want!

I recommend using "Firm" tofu.

This is my method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Press your Tofu by draining the package, setting your tofu on a plate, putting another plate on top, and putting a heavy book on top of the top plate. Doing this for 20 minutes allows the liquid to drain.

Cut the tofu into 4 square pieces.

Then, take a paper towel in your hands, put the tofu square in, fold paper towel, and give tofu a little squeeze to remove any remaining liquid.

Put the four squares in a baking dish (or use 2 baking dishes if they will not all fit) and cover them with BBQ sauce. If store bought BBQ sauce wasn't so good, maybe I would have been motivated to make my own, but I just use store bought, and usually a variety of 2 or 3 kinds just for the flavors. Make sure to turn your tofu over, and get all the surfaces really, well, saucy!

Bake the tofu at 350 degrees for one hour. Serve with your favorite side dishes, like so:

BBQ Baked Tofu, shown here topped with chili and served with steamed green beans and rosemary boiled potatoes.

Total Prep and Cook Time- 1 hour, 20 minutes (however, most of that time the tofu is either pressing or in the oven, so it's very easy).
Deliciousness Factor: 4.5 out of 5 stars (Brendan says 4, I say 5). I prefer tofu baked, I just love the texture of it. I think this would be a great recipe to use to introduce kids or other tofu novices to eating tofu. The tofu just soaks up the BBQ sauce and tastes great. It's packed with protein and just darn healthy and tasty.

In other kitchen news:


Things I learned from organizing my pantry: We never need to buy rice again. Seriously, we have probably 12 different kinds. Also, if you ever want to come over for tea, we have 12 different kinds of that too. Pantry organization was pretty quick and fun though, and better yet, now we actually know everything we have (and more importantly, we can find it). 


Also, check out this amazing engagement present that came in the mail today from our friend Erica


A personalized cutting board! "From the Kitchen of Stacy, Brendan, Lola & Zoe." Needless to say, we love it! A really nice cutting board is something we really needed too (Erica had memories of cooking with us using a small plastic cutting board, which yep, we've still be using). This will last forever, and I love that she put the cats' names on! 


The card was so cute too: 


It said, "I couldn't imagine a better pair. Here's to all the chilis, pastas, and stir-frys to come." 


We are pretty floored by all the support our family and friends have shown us. The fridge is covered with cards of congrats. We feel very, very lucky that we have so many wonderful people in our lives. This unexpected present just made us smile :) 


Thanks Erica! 


Here's to you, yours, and your kitchen! 
<3 S, B, (and still content in Austin L&Z--I miss them so much! I hope they remember "home" when they finally come back).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...