A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Home And Other Updates

Well, our 3 and 1/2 week vacation has come to an end, and summer 2012 is calling it a wrap (for me at least, I headed back to meetings on Monday at my new job).

Honestly, this has been the best summer of my life, but in a way, it all feels like a dream.

We had an awesome trip visiting NYC, CT, Jersey City, D.C, Boston, and Maine (with stops in Virginia, Rhode Island, Maryland and New Hampshire). 10 states in 3.5 weeks. Wow, no wonder we're tired! We are so thankful to everyone that hosted us on our big trip, and to my parents for keeping Lola and Zoe.

Check out some of my favorite photos for our epic trip (I have more photos on my camera, these are just from my phone):

 Out with friends in NYC:


 Engagement cupcakes Brendan's mom had made :)

 Out in Jersey City:


 Fresh produce from the grandparent's garden:


 Baseball game at Fenway with Brendan's aunt and Uncle:


Quilt show in CT with Brendan's family:


 Maine: Blackberry picking, kayaking, fishing, Brendan's mom's blueberry pie, etc!








 Here's my philosophy about summer: don't be sad that it's over, be happy it happened!

Starting the new job after traveling all day Saturday and most of the day on Sunday was hectic, but I feel like I'm settling in nicely. I won't meet any students until the 27th, so I'm doing everything I can to prepare.

Lola and Zoe are happy at home.

It was a very special summer for us, and no doubt, one I will always remember. I look forward to updating more regularly now.

Here's to closing chapters & beginning new ones,

<3 S, B (and finally all together) L&Z

PS-Promise to have book I read in July up soon. Better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...