A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Future Sis!

Growing up, I always wanted a big family. I have one younger brother, Graham, that I adore, but as a kid, I always thought life would be better if we had 4 sisters and a brother, like in The Sound of Music (I'm sure Graham did not share this belief, and admittedly, I didn't think it through very well. Sharing 2 bathrooms with that many kids? Not my best plan). Anyway...

One amazing part about getting married is the merging of two families. When Brendan and I tie the knot this summer, he'll get a brother (Graham), and I'll get a sister (Annie) and a brother (her husband Zeb). Is this like the best idea we've ever had, or what?

Lucky for me, I don't just get any sister: I get Annie.

From the first time I met her in December 2010, I knew we'd get along. We're only a year and 9 months apart, and we have a lot in common, namely a similar sense of humor that leads to many laughs, see exhibit A.
Exhibit A: If you don't already know why this is hilarious, we can't help you.
Annie found her lifetime love in Zeb, and they married in October 2010. These two are both wonderful friends to us.
Annie and Zeb in Maine, 2011
Annie and Brendan have a lot in common (see: penchant for being goofy in front of a camera), and they both make me smile. It's very fun to see them being silly together.
Brendan, Annie, Me, and Zeb 
Annie has done a lot to help me out. She is a seamstress for a theater company, and has repaired some beloved jeans for me (this is one thing we don't have in common: I can't sew on a button), and I know she always stands up for me. Annie is smart, fun, passionate, and caring, and I learn new things about her every time I see her.

July 2012

When Brendan and I got engaged, I knew exactly who I wanted to ask to stand up with me in our wedding. Annie was a natural choice to be my Matron of Honor. 
At Jack and Becky's wedding, July 28, 2012
It's kind of hard to believe that this time next year, we'll be sisters. I'll be the most recent addition to the Egan clan, but I already feel at home.

November 2011 in Washington, D.C. 
Happy 28th birthday, Annie! I'm looking forward to all the fun times ahead and to finally having the sister I always dreamed of.

Here's to your day being as great as you are!

<3 S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...