A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lazy Sunday

Well, our guest Erica left this morning, and we're having a very lazy Sunday, complete with some housework, reading, cats, cuddling, and Sunday football.

For the first time in a month, I feel totally relaxed. It's nice to have some time to reflect on the semester starting...it always starts off feeling like a roller coaster, but eventually, we catch up to the pace. Yes, it is really busy, but ultimately we love our jobs and feel thankful. Investing in our students and our work gives a shape to our lives. No, life doesn't revolve around work, but we are able to build our lives because of the work we do, and we feel fortunate that we find our careers fulfilling. Taking time to feel thankful is very stress reliving, and it's something that is easy to forget about. So the motto for today is: relax and be thankful. 

Other things I'm thankful for: Winning my fantasy football game against Brendan this week :) I think it's gonna happen! He says he does not regret introducing me to fantasy football, but he has no further comments.

I'm also thankful for this sale I found at Land's End. They are having 40% off one item, plus free shipping for purchases over $50.00. I was able to score a beautiful winter peacoat for less than $100. Added bonus: they have petite sizes (and tall and plus, for the record!) I haven't purchased a new coat in several years, the last one was actually a Christmas gift from my brother. The cold front that recently rolled into Midland reminds me that it won't be long until I need a coat! I'm happy it will be one that I truly love, and now I just hope it fits right.

Speaking of good deals, our Giveaway is still accepting entries until Friday! Win a free book by Tina Fey, comment here to enter.

Have a great weekend everyone,
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...