A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Look Who's Here Part 2!

Well, it's truly been a crazy fall!

Remember 3 weekends ago when Tony visited? And, 2 weekends ago, when we headed to Philly for my friend Julie's wedding? I don't even think I mentioned last weekend, when I headed to Austin to see my family and attend a bridal show, and now, this weekend, Erica is here!

Erica, our friend from grad school, is visiting us from Lake Charles, Louisiana. She drove to Austin, stayed with a friend there, then drove to Lubbock and stayed with the Shews (also friends from grad school), and then drove to Midland to see us! What a trip. She has logged 1,000 miles on her car, with another 625 to go tomororw (and I thought I was driving a lot these days).

Our guest room is getting a lot of good use this fall! Since the weather has been cold and rainy (what?!) here in Midland, our options for entertaining Erica have been limited. Luckily, she is happy just to chill out and relax with us. We bundled up last night and headed to Odessa to watch Odessa Bronchos play the Permian Panthers. Unfortunately for us, we sat on the Bronchos side last night (just where we happened to park), and they lost 45 to 6. But, it was fun to show Erica high school football in west Texas.

Me and Erica :) 
We've been taking it easy. I made homemade biscuits this morning, but I used a different recipe than last time, and they didn't turn out very fluffy. At least I got to use my Kitchenaid mixer, so mostly, all was right with the world. As for the rest of the weekend? We're not doing anything until we make dinner. We're all exhausted and needing a break from work!

Hope your weekend is relaxing too!
<3 S, B, E, L&Z

PS-Still 6 days to enter our Giveaway 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...