A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rainy Day

It's a rainy day here, which is pretty special in west Texas, so after I got home from work, it was the perfect day to cat nap on the couch, light a candle, and relax. Brendan and I get to see a lot of each other on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but very little of each other on Mondays and Wednesdays. The academic schedule is nice though, because it means we are off at times other people are at work, making accomplishing everyday tasks (doctor's appointments, grocery store, gym, etc.) easier because we can go at "off" times. But likewise, there are times we're working when no one else does (like grading on the weekend, or Brendan coming home from class after 10pm on Mondays). All in all, we make our own balance.

Speaking of balance, remember when I mentioned battling the morning blahs? I've been having luck with all the tips I mentioned in that post, and also with taking vitamin B12 daily. Getting at least 8 hours (but not more than 8) of sleep the night before work also seems key, though sometimes I've had to do with 6 (it still works). I leave sleeping in for the weekends. I also stay warm in the morning, by adjusting the thermostat and putting on a warm robe and slippers. Additionally, I adjust to light gradually by spending some time just sitting in the light before I try to move around and get ready. All of these things have really improved my morning mood.

I'm doing some reflecting about September today, since the month is coming to an end. We have some exciting plans for October (stay tuned!), but I can't believe how fast September went. I guess it was because of all the changes in my life and all the stuff we were up to. It's so funny, after the summer, I always wonder if I'll be able to remember how to teach, but of course, by September I feel like an old pro again. I still feel challenged, and it's still hectic, but I definitely feel like I'm growing as a teacher every year.

Before I sign out, just a reminder that new customers to Modcloth can get $20.00 off a purchase of $50.00 or more until October 2nd.

Just follow this link...
http://sharethelove.modcloth.com/a/clk/40y26Q

I am being "good" right now, because I need to pay off all my past shopping adventures, but I'm sure I'll be scouring this site before long!

It's almost Friday!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...