A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Recovery

I'm starting to recover from our big trip this weekend. Before I forget, here's a picture of my beautiful friend, Julie, marrying Dave:


The wedding was so sweet and fun, and I'm really glad we were able to celebrate! 

I fell asleep on the couch at 7pm last night, Brendan woke me up at 9:30, and I moved to bed and fell back asleep at 10pm. Maybe it's the fact that I'll be on another plane on Thursday, but I still feel like I'm on summer break, only I'm working too. It's probably because the new job isn't old enough to be a routine yet (This is only my 4th week there). The commute isn't bad, though I do see accidents sometimes on the highway that make me nervous. I have a co-worker that has been commuting for five years, and she says that it gets less anxiety provoking. I try to enjoy my drive by listening to audiobooks and music, and I stay alert. Brendan makes me coffee every morning before I leave.

Both of us are settling into work and the semester. Everything is good; we're adjusting to being "back in the groove." I'm not sure I'll feel "settled" this entire semester (See Our Crazy Fall), but I am trying. I'm back in yoga classes and trying to get myself on a normal schedule of sorts. Up next: making time to eat breakfast. I'd also like to finish my book I started in July! Geez.

Our own wedding is now 10 months away (tomorrow), which is honestly hard to believe. In addition to the tasks I mentioned here and here, we've picked and purchased the groomsmen outfits, ordered prints of engagement pictures and framed some for our house/offices, created (Brendan) and mailed (me) the save the dates, finalized the website, and booked the hotel for part of our honeymoon (Thanks Mom!). There have also been some odds and ends tasks accomplished. Brendan's mom is an antique finding wiz, and she has helped with with special touches (won't give away specifics...) All in all, things are coming right along. Everyone said it would go by fast, and I guess it is, since I feel like it was just yesterday that I wrote this post. I try not to stress over the process and just enjoy it (and Brendan reminds me to do that too).

In other news, I'll be doing Fantasy Football again. Do I have time for this at all? No. I will probably make very fast decisions based on the way people's names sound. I hope to beat my personal record of second place.

Here's to recovery!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...