A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Pumpkin Seed Roasting Kinda Day

Happy extra hour day! I love daylight savings time for two reasons: 1.) I won't have to drive to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the pitch black darkness anymore and 2.) I get an extra hour on my weekend. Everyone always craves an extra hour and this is the one time we actually get it.

So, how did I use my extra hour? I tackled a project I've felt like I never "have time" for.


I had Brendan cut open our two pumpkins, so I could roast us some delicious pumpkin seeds. He seemed happy enough for an excuse to take a break from working on his paper. I made the oven a little too hot, and so some of the seeds were crispier than I wanted, but overall, not bad for a novice. I seasoned with: olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, and onion powder.

In a little bit, I'm going to brave a trip alone out to the grocery store. I have big plans for tonight's dinner. My other plans include laundry and napping; Ahhh, it's nice to be at home on the weekend!

Brendan and I donated to the American Red Cross yesterday. These images from the storm are very jarring. We hope that others will donate if they can. We've had many inquiries about the safety of Brendan's family: thankfully, all are fine (there were power outages and damaged possessions, but everyone is safe). My many friends in New York are all physically fine as well.

Stay safe everyone & enjoy your extra hour!
<3 S, B, L&Z



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...