A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, November 12, 2012

When In: San Antonio, Texas

Brendan and I returned Saturday night from a great trip to San Antonio. We stayed at the Sheraton Gunter on the River walk, and each chaired and presented in a session at SCMLA's 69th annual conference.

We spent much time on the River walk. My favorite meal was at the Iron Cactus. Yes, the river walk is overpriced and touristy, but it was still fun for a short trip. We had beautiful weather and enjoyed spending time with friends and colleagues from McNeese and Midland College.

Our presentations went well, and we enjoyed the experience. This was Brendan's first conference (my fourth), and it was really fun to have him with me; seemed to make the whole experience less stressful. We're already signed up for SCMLA 2013 in New Orleans.

River walk

Face Brendan makes when I ask for a sip of his beer


With the loved and missed Dr. Costello 

Our friends Allie and Dr. Williams 
Yesterday, I graded 20 papers, and then we picked up a pizza and went to the drive-in to see Wreck it Ralph. It was a nice end to the weekend, especially because the movie was super cute and it was really cold outside, so we got to bundle up under many blankets. The drive-in is my favorite way to see a movie.

Today, I'm feeling kind of blah. I don't feel ready for the work week to start (I need to grade 60 papers between today and Friday), and it feels like there are also a million little tasks to take care of. Plus, I know I need to workout 5 times this week in order to finish stage 1 of my plan before Thanksgiving break.  I know it will all get done...but right now it just feels overwhelming!

I'm channeling strength today and through the week.
Here's to being strong, physically, mentally, and emotionally!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...