A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Calm Before the Storm

When I was an undergrad, I used to feel the semester was like a roller coaster that took off before I was even buckled. As a teacher, it basically feels the same way, so college was really good preparation.

No matter how much prepping teachers go through, or meetings they attend, being in the classroom is a totally different experience every single semester. I'm excited to get back to it and meet my new students (I have a lot of returning students as well). This semester will be busy for both of us, but not as busy as the fall. At last count, I had 158 students and Brendan had 99. We're both excited to teach composition and literature, which we both enjoy even more than composition and rhetoric.

The past week has been a nice adjustment period. We've had some time to settle back into our routine. The house has been straightened, the cleaning service came, we did a big grocery run, so our cupboards are no longer bare:


We put together reading schedules for our courses, and we finally made some much needed time to hang out with friends in Midland this weekend. I also bought some cold weather workout gear, as my one pair of workout pants will not cut it for these cold days we've been having (39 degrees today). I needed some gloves too; Brendan says he doesn't mind the callouses on his hands from weight lifting, but that is not my reaction. I'm hoping these gloves will keep my hands soft, even now that I'm lifting heavier and heavier weight (stage 3 of New Rules is pretty intense!)


Tonight, it's laundry, making dinner, and Downton Abbey watching (I'm excited to see how Season 3 looks on our new big screen). Things probably won't be this relaxed again until May, so I'm trying to soak it all in!

Here's to the coming semester; buckle up!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...