A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Windy Day

We had 55 mph winds here today...enough to earn us both a "wind and dust advisory." It certainly made my commute interesting. All sorts of trash, lots of dust, and GIANT tumbleweeds were plummeting towards me as I made my 75 mph commute against 55 mph winds. It was definitely a more stressful drive than usual, but I made it home safely.

Upon arriving home, I crawled back into bed and indulged in a 2 hour nap. I slept very poorly last night, due to my own bad decision to watch 3 episodes of American Horror Story right before going to bed. Not my best plan.

Eventually though, I got up and got moving again. We made it to the gym, where I finished stage 3 of The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. I promise a full recap tomorrow. Needless to say, we're both tired. It was all we could do to put a frozen pizza in the oven (Central Market is our go-to brand for frozen pizza...seriously good!) and do some dishes before utter exhaustion sank in.

I have some good news: Brendan and I registered for a spring 5K today. We'll be racing the Bloodgushers 5K, benefiting United Blood Services on March 30th.  I'm looking forward to my 3rd ever 5K, and I was happy to find a race that was benefiting a good cause and starting at 9:30am (a relatively late start time). I am hoping to beat my personal record...which wasn't fast at all to begin with, so hopefully, I can make that happen! When it comes to running, I am not naturally gifted, but I enjoy the challenge. As I always tell my students, it is character building to do things that DON'T come easily to us...there is joy in struggle.

And now, my favorite way to end any day:
Snuggling!

We hope you've found a happy end to yours :)
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...