A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cold Season

Okay, I'll start out my post by saying this: I am kind of a big wimp when it comes to not feeling my best. Brendan will have cold like symptoms for about a month and rarely complains. I have same said symptoms for five days, and I write a blog post about it.

But seriously: my throat hurts, used tissues are stacking up, and it's getting hard to breathe. Colds are gross, and while there is no cure, here is everything I'm doing to get better faster:

1.) Ibuprofen, Claritin, and Sudafed.

While I try not to over rely on taking anything, the Claritin and Ibuprofen in the morning make it possible for me to get up and get to work and the Sudafed taken before bed clears my nasal passages enough so I can actually breathe at night.

2.) More Sleep.

My bedtimes are becoming earlier and earlier. I hear rest helps the immune system. Bring on the 10:30pm bedtime (in favor of the normal 11:30).

3.) Disinfect

Clorox wipes are my new friend...I'm wiping things we touch frequently (computers, phones, ipad, remotes, doorknobs, toilet handles. Get outta my life, germs! Thankfully, our cleaning service comes tomorrow, so that will lead to an even cleaner environment.

4.) Baths

They feel good, relax your muscles, and can help open up your nasal passages. Win/Win.


5.) Still Working Out

Yoga Monday, strength training yesterday, yoga today, strength training tomorrow. I'm sticking to my normal pattern, as being active is supposedly good for your immune system.

6.) Vitamin C

Fruit smoothies, oranges, and grapefruit. I'm hoping the extra C will help me fight off this cold.

7.) Maintain healthy diet

I'm still eating as balanced as I can and working in fruit and veggies whenever possible.

That's all I have folks...what are your tips? Please share them in the comments section.

<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...