A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, February 18, 2013

First Signs of Spring

Dare I say it 30 days before the official first day of Spring? But yesterday, in Midland, it was sunny and mid-70s, and today, it was 70 degrees. Warm enough lately to sit on the patio and dream of spring. It is still getting cold here at night, but these days gave us a glimpse of the next season, and it was one I was happy to have.

We had a lovely weekend, and we'll have a short feeling week, as we travel to a conference in Houston on Wednesday.

I've been feeling the longing for spring in my bones! My skin wants to soak up some sun, and I want to run to prep for our upcoming 5K, but without the discomfort of strong winds in my face. I've been reading three books (sorry for my lack of book reviews, I'm all over the place and wanting to restructure how I do them), and wish I was reading them by the pool (totally possible in Spring in Texas).

Another sign of spring? I feel new and full of new ideas. Tonight, in yoga class, I caught a glimpse of my back in the mirror and really realized how much my workouts have been paying off. All the differences are subtle, but I can totally notice a change...I look more toned and am so much stronger than I was just a few months ago. I have a lot more confidence in my body and what it can do. Pretty cool and I have something to remind myself of next time I don't feel like going to the gym.

New ideas? We've been making plans for the future and some really exciting things we want to do. We don't really have any firm plans yet, but, you know me, I love to daydream about what's next...

and I'm always having to remind myself to stay grounded in the present!

Today was very productive and lived in the present: I graded 20 papers and submitted an abstract. I also attended yoga class and did some laundry and dishes. Hopefully, this makes up for the utter laziness that was my Sunday...

But hey, we've gotta have time for the daydreams too.

Here's to that, and to Spring upon us. The rest of the week calls for high 60s, wind, and rain...and Houston doesn't look much better, though I'd be interested to see a "severe thunderstorm" after all this drought...as long as it doesn't interfere with our flights ;)

<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...