A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Friday

I love, love, love Fridays. I usually work from home, but today, my work was minimal because I got so much done yesterday (don't you love that?)

I slept in until about 8am and felt amazing (I went to bed at 10PM, so had 10 hours of sleep). This was the first morning I woke up and didn't feel super congested; breathing feels so good! Also, our apartment is super clean! I love that feeling too.

I made myself a delicious smoothie:


Stacy's Breakfast Smoothie 
1/2 frozen banana
1 handful of frozen strawberries
1/2 handful of frozen blueberries
1 cup orange juice
2 heaping tablespoons of plain yogurt
A few splashes of apple juice

SO GOOD. Then it was off to check work emails and snuggle with Zoe. After that, I took care of some wedding related tasks (Thankful for my Mom's help!) and called Brendan's parents to see how winter storm Nemo is treating them (They are right in the path of it and all roads/schools/etc. are shut down--we are hoping they don't lose power this time!)

It's hard to believe it is winter...we've had really good weather here lately (knock on wood) and today should be in the mid-60s. Brendan and I are planning a run to get ready for our next 5K (okay, so Brendan has it totally down, I'm the one that needs to get ready). Though I've been doing interval training with running for a while now as part of the New Rules of WeightLifting for Women, running doesn't come easily to me. Nevertheless, I look forward to, hopefully, improving. I'm super sore after my first week of stage 4 from New Rules, so I'm probably going to go at an easy pace.

Our other weekend plans include attending the opening reception for Out of Bounds at Midland College. We're excited to talk with all of these artists and see their work. Other than that, we'd like to write, relax, get some laundry done, and cook good food. You know, the norm. The spring has been so calm compared to our crazy fall. I am loving being unplanned for a change!

Well, enjoy your Friday folks!
<3 S, B, L&Z

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Stace! You're inspiring me to get off my bum! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...