A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl Sunday!

Greetings and happy Superbowl Sunday! Brendan and I are totally insane and decided to venture out to HEB, the main grocery store in town to do a large grocery run. When we got there, we found parking was a zoo, and there were no available carts. In Midland, HEB is the grocery store everyone uses.

So...this space is usually full of carts. 
We needed to do a big grocery run and have been shopping on Sundays lately...probably not our best plan, but I'm hoping we're good and stocked for a while now. I love seeing our produce bowl filled :)

Bananas, sweet onion, purple onion, potatoes, sweet potatoes, avocados, 2 kinds of peppers, ginger and garlic, oh my! 
We are routing for the 49ers tonight...I already have a gold sweater, so that was my reason. Also, I like San Francisco. Brendan is too, but cannot articulate a reason why. We are SERIOUS football fans here. Okay, so we're using the Superbowl as an excuse to drink with friends. Whatever. I'm making these tonight. I picked the recipe from this post because the recipe started with the words "it doesn't get any easier than this." Sold! Thank you Peas and Thank You, you're my hero!

Last night, we checked out Zero Dark Thirty at the drive-in. It was similar to watching dramatized news for a couple of hours. The movie was interesting and made us think...in fact, Brendan stayed up researching the war for several hours last night (I went to bed...I'm resting my immune system to battle a runny nose). The movie was obviously really violent...and probably not for everyone honestly, especially if watching torture is going to upset you. I had already read so much about this subject in college (I was in college from 2004-2007, so the war was the focus of many classes, readings, and discussions) that it was nothing I did not already know about (in fact, the books I read were more graphic). But, yeah, interesting but not for everyone will be my verdict. Along with the old cliche "real life is stranger than fiction." If you are looking for a Netflix feel good movie, check out Butter, or for more of a thrill The Next Three Days (Our Friday night double feature at home).

Okay, I'm off to make those delicious Barbecue Black Bean Pita Pizzas. Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone!

<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...