A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Suddenly Spring

The week after spring break, our work week was crazy. Yesterday, I was up at 5:30am for a long day of meetings. The week was very productive though. I still managed to work out 4 times, and so did Brendan. Our cleaning service came yesterday, and the house is nice and tidied for the weekend. And the best part? Spring is in the air!

I realized while looking at the coat rack that I haven't used my winter coat in weeks...a look at weather.com confirms that it will soon be time to put it away for good. Spring is one of my favorite times of year...I love that it's warm outside, but not too hot yet. I love that things at school get chaotic and crazy (I complain about it...but also love the energetic feeling on campus of everyone--students, teachers, staff--pushing to get things done). We get really beautiful sunrises and sunsets in west Texas...and in the spring it becomes apparent again. We've sat out on our balcony a few times in the past few weeks, and I look forward to using it daily again. I'm ready for another 90 degree day like last Saturday, so we can go use the pool!

In truth, what I love about spring is how optimistic it makes me. I can wear my favorite clothes again, I can spend more time outside, and I have so much excitement about the coming summer (especially this year).

So this weekend, I plan to revel in Spring: have a cold treat with a friend, go for a run to prep for the 5K next weekend (that came fast!), order some dresses, stay up late & sleep in, cook with Brendan, take pleasure in the company of the cats, read on my balcony (for class), and write. I'm SO glad it's the weekend. This one was hard earned.

I hope everyone has a marvelous start to spring...
Here's some more good news for you. Corley made her goal! I am beyond proud of my friend. She inspires me everyday to do what matters to me. She has the courage to do the harder thing and deserves all this and more. I look forward to hearing this EP! And remember, if you gave (or can still give for 31 more hours), there is still time to enter my giveaway. 

Enjoy the first weekend of spring!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...