A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Thursday, June 13, 2013

BIG Changes

This post is a sequel to posts BIG News  and BIGGER News:

I am very happy to announce that I got a full time job at Midland College as an English Instructor and will begin teaching there in the fall! 

As many of you know, Brendan also teaches at Midland College, and I taught there as an adjunct during the 2011-2012 school year, so the campus and all the people there are very familiar to me. My new position will be a combination of teaching developmental and credit English courses and overseeing the re-organization of the campus writing center, and I could not be more excited about the opportunity. My fall schedule includes teaching Integrated Reading and Writing, Composition, and American Literature, and my new office will be next door to Brendan's. I was truly beaming when he woke up this morning and said, "Now I'll have someone to talk to everyday while I eat lunch." That hadn't even really occurred to me, but I feel so lucky that we are a couple that can work together well, as we will also be advising the English honor society, Sigma Kappa Delta, together.

While I am thrilled about my new position, I also know that I am leaving behind a wonderful position at Howard College. I will always remember the friends I made, the exceptional faculty and staff I worked with, and gifted students that I taught. I learned so much from that experience that I will carry with me into my future career, and I am beyond grateful to have had the opportunity to work at Howard. I plan to keep in touch with all of my colleagues there; I am going to miss them all.

I believe that everything works out in the end how it needs to. For Brendan and I, it is going to be a great thing for us to both work in the city where we live, and I also know that Howard will find the right person. It will be a new beginning for us all.

I am again in debt to the wonderful references who agreed to write letters and provide character references on my behalf. I am truly lucky to have so many wonderful people pulling for me. I owe them all more than I can pay back. Brendan and I have so much to be thankful for and so, so many people who have helped us along the way.

I am truly exhausted from a very eventful week. With 22 days until the wedding, I do not predict things slowing down anytime soon around here, but for now, I must rest.

Here's to opportunities: Both the opportunities ahead of me, and the opportunities that will now open up for someone else. In this job market, new opportunities are certainly something to be celebrated.

<3 S, and a very happy B, L&Z

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...