A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Farmer's Market Inspired

Brendan and I try to make it a habit to get to the weekly farmer's market every Saturday morning. It means getting up early, but we always agree, the trip inspires us to cook great things for the entire week, so it's well worth it. It also puts us in a good mood, and we feel like we have a great start to the weekend.


I modified this recipe on Saturday night, made two apple pies from the apples we picked last weekend, and put our farm fresh eggs to use in this homemade vanilla ice cream:



Brendan made his own hot sauce from an abundance of peppers we bought, and he made a tasty eggplant dish last night. Tonight, I threw together a version of this made with heirloom tomatoes and all sorts of veggies. We've been having remarkable salads with market sweet peppers, bell peppers, cucumbers, and lemon cucumbers.

I think going to a farmer's market is the best advice I have for anyone looking to get out of a cooking rut. You taste new things and feel more excited about preparing food, instead of just seeing it as a routine chore.

Speaking of exciting:


My Amazon order came today, filled with amazing books I cannot wait to dive into. Will I be able to balance the semester with reading for fun? I certainly hope so! We have more energy this week than last week, so lets hope that means we're adjusting just fine. I'm thinking if I do some class prep now, I'll be able to squeeze in some reading for fun before bed; My bedtime has slowly become earlier and earlier...I was out a little after 10 last night. It does feel good to be in the routine again. Summer is a distant memory, but there are so many things I love about the fall, so I'm starting to get excited about the prospect of all that's to come.

We hope wherever you are, and whatever you do, that you're reading and eating!
<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...