A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women, Stage 7 Recap

My Stage 1 Recap is here
My Stage 2 Recap is here My Stage 3 Recap is hereMy Stage 4 Recap is hereMy Stage 5 Recap is here

My Stage 6 Recap is here

I realize that I was awful and never did a Stage 7 recap. I finished Stage 7 a week before our wedding, and life was just too busy to update. Then, I forgot all about it, until I realized I was planning to start on the New Rules for Life program today. 

So, what were my overall results? 

I lost...
2 inches from my bust 
1.25 inches from my band 
No inches in right or left bicep
1 inch from my waist 
1.5 inches from each thigh 
2 inches from my hips
a total of 9.25 inches and 7 pounds

I took 9 months to complete the program. I also did yoga twice a week and trained for a 5K during the program.

Here is what is funny about these results: I went into this program wanting to tone my arms! Even though my arms were the one area that didn't lose inches, my strength improved a lot, and I still think they look more toned, despite being the same size. 

Stage 7 was brutal. The workouts had me doing 4 sets of 15-20 reps of every exercise. It was completely exhausting and took a really long time. I was glad to be done! 

I was happy with the results, and even though they felt so gradual, I sometimes questioned whether or not anything was happening, or if my measurements were off, when I look at photos, I can definitely tell a difference. These photos were taken July 2012, three months before I started the program:






Compare to these photos (same photographer) taken July 2013 (about a week after I finished the program): 









I can even tell the difference in my face. Friends that had not seen me in over a year said "Oh, you lost a lot of weight!," but in reality, I had only lost 7 pounds. This program taught me that it really is possible to look better without losing much weight. 

The best part of the whole experience was that I could go on our honeymoon and do a 17 mile kayak trip of the Na Pali coast. I don't think that ever would have been possible without the strength I developed in this program. I was also able to run faster and yoga classes became a little easier when my upper body strength increased. 

I would highly recommend this program because I think anyone could do it, as long as they committed the 2-3 days a week to go to the gym. It isn't instantaneous, but the results are real and can be maintained. 

My next step is to complete The New Rules for Life. The book has 3 phases, each with 5 levels. I plan to skip level 1, since it is for absolute beginners, and start the program with level 2. I'll keep you updated about how that goes.  

Happy Tuesday! 
<3 S, B, L&Z 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...