A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving friends and family!

I hope you all have a nice meal to eat and loving company to share it with today.

Brendan and I are in Austin with my parents and brother, Graham, and will also be sharing the holiday with family friends. We'll be having Thanksgiving at Graham's house this year, and he has been working hard on prepping all week.

I have an overwhelming amount to be grateful for:

Brendan and I have been in good health this year, and we are glad to now live in a country where all Americans will have access to doctors.

We are glad to have a safe and comfortable place to live and two full time jobs. I am enjoying my new job at Midland College and all of the roles I'm playing (tutor coordinating for the writing center, advising Sigma Kappa Delta, and taking students through IRW II to COMP I), as well as working with Brendan. It has been a productive semester, with participating in a conference and presenting at a faculty colloquium as well as taking on overload, and teaching American Literature and serving on a committee for the first time, but I am thankful to be keeping busy. I feel lucky to be a teacher. I learn SO much from my students and genuinely enjoy talking about writing and literature everyday; I enjoy the challenge that comes with teaching and the constant growth and change that it necessitates.

 I am exceptionally grateful for my friends, who make life so much better. Many of my friendships are well over a decade strong, and it is incredible to have friends from all parts of my life. I am thankful for the lunches, the bad television marathons, the phone calls, craft nights, evenings out, and motivations to go workout...in every way, friends, old and new, make our lives brighter.


I am thankful that we can travel. We saw so many wonderful places this past year: Connecticut, Houston, Las Vegas...in Hawaii: Maui, Kaua'i, and the Big Island, and New Mexico, Ohio, and New Orleans. Seeing all this world has to offer is an amazing opportunity.

I am thankful for those two mischief makers, Lola and Zoe. Loving and caring for them these past five years has taught me a lot.



I am thankful for my family, which grew exponentially on July 5th. Having so many people to love and care for us and to love and care for in return is a wonderful thing. In 2013, our families grew too as my cousin Stephen married Casey and Brendan's cousin Molly married John.





Speaking of weddings, I am thankful for ours. It was amazing to see our families come together and have fun with each other. We will remember that weekend all of our lives.



And finally, I am thankful that I married the love of my life this year. He is truly the greatest gift in my life.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...